Girl, 11, found in London after frantic two-day search following Bolton getaway

Fatuma Kadir: Police issue appeal for missing 11-year-old

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Fatuma Kadir, from Bolton, left home on Thursday and travelled to London Euston, using several trains. Her parents are said to be “incredibly relieved” after they appealed for her to return home quickly. Her father Asheem told a news conference her behaviour was “normal” before she left, adding he had “no idea what’s caused this, no idea whatsoever”. According to friends and family, Fatuma wants to move to London when she gets older.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Rollinson, of Greater Manchester Police, said: “We are delighted to confirm that Fatuma Kadir has been found safe and well.

“She was found in London earlier today so we are now working to reunite her with her parents, who are as you can imagine, incredibly relieved.

“The last couple of days have been every parent’s worst nightmare, so I know they will agree with me when I say a huge thank you to everyone who has shared our appeal to find Fatuma. Your help has been invaluable, so thank you.

“We would now ask that their privacy be respected, so they can be together as a family.”

She was found after CCTV images showed Fatuma leaving Euston alone.

The schoolgirl may have travelled to the capital to pursue her dream of owning a clothing business near Tower Bridge.

In a statement, parents Asheem and Misra said: “We miss you, we want you to come home. We want to at least know you’re safe. You’re not in any trouble. Please contact us or the police.

“If anyone knows where she is or have seen her, please get in touch with the police.

Covid holiday hell for UK family quarantined in £2000 Ibiza hotel [INSIGHT]
‘Over 100 rats’ leap from grass to attack ‘disgusted’ mum [REPORT]
Car park sees ‘hundreds’ fined up to £100 AFTER buying ticket [ANALYSIS]

“We are in a state of shock. We want to know where she is, who she’s with, but most of all, that she’s safe. Fatuma, please come home.”

Fatuma was reported missing just before 10.45pm on Thursday, July 22. She boarded a train from Manchester Piccadilly to Birmingham New Street at 9.27pm before getting onto another train at 11.10pm to London Euston. She arrived at 1.13am the following day, Friday, July 23.

CCTV enquiries showed Fatuma travelling with a man and a woman, Greater Manchester Police said.

Source: Read Full Article