Prince Harry ‘persistent’ over Lilibet photo with Queen

Queen: Lilibet photo request a 'great shame' says Lorraine

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Prince Harry was “persistent” in attempting to capture the moment the late Queen Elizabeth II met the Duke’s youngest child, according to a royal expert. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the trip back to the UK from their California home earlier this year for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

They brought the couple’s two children, Archie, three, and Lilibet.

Their young daughter celebrated her first birthday at the height of the Jubilee celebrations at the couple’s previous home of Frogmore Cottage, Windsor.

It was also the first time the youngest Sussex, who was born in the US, was introduced to many of her British family members.

This included her namesake, the late monarch.

But shortly after the first meeting, it was reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been denied a photo opportunity by the Palace of that first encounter.

A source told The Sun at the time: “Harry and Meghan wanted their photographer to capture the moment Lilibet met the Queen.

“But they were told no chance.

“It was a private family meeting.”

But Prince Harry was “persistent” in putting forward their request for photography for that moment, it has now been claimed.

Royal journalist Camilla Tominey wrote in The Telegraph: “When the couple made another beeline for Windsor Castle, travelling straight there after landing at Farnborough Airport, she refused their request to have professional photographs taken with Archie, three, and her namesake Lilibet, one.

“Claiming she had a bloodshot eye, she adroitly denied the Sussexes the photo opportunity they craved.

“Harry was ‘persistent’, according to those party to the meeting, expressing a desire to get an official snap of the two Lilibets together at some point in the future.

DON’T MISS: 
Meghan and Harry should NOT be invited to King’s coronation–POLL [REVEAL] 
Who should King Charles give Edinburgh title to? POLL [VOTE] 
Meghan faces growing US backlash as Netflix PR strategy backfires [REPORT]

“But of course, it was never to be. She died three months later.”

This comes just ahead of the release of Sussexes’ docuseries, with the first instalment hitting the small screen on Thursday.

This will coincide with the three-month anniversary of the Queen’s death.

The second set of episodes will be available the following week.

In the most recently-released trailer, Prince Harry speaks of the “planting of stories” as part of a “dirty game”, adding there is a “hierarchy” within the Royal Family.

Source: Read Full Article