Prince Harry should stay away from Queens Jubilee celebrations, says expert

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should stay away from the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and announce that they will be remaining in California, a royal expert has claimed.

Speaking on the Palace Confidential talk show Richard Eden said that he believed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were “loving” the endless speculation about their involvement in the Jubilee celebrations.

Earlier this month, reports emerged that that Harry and Meghan had been invited to take their place alongside Her Majesty the Queen and other members of the Royal Family, following the Trooping the Colour ceremony, to witness an RAF flypast from the Buckingham Palace balcony on June 2.

But, Eden says, they should clarify that they’re not coming: "Just stay away, honestly," he said. “They want us to indulge in this speculation as long as possible."

He says that the speculation about the Duke and Duchess was in danger of overshadowing “the wonderful celebrations of the Queen’s amazing long reign”.

The Daily Mail’s Richard Kay agreed with him, saying: “I think it’s tragic for her. The last thing she wants are these ongoing, bitter rows with her own grandchildren and the family."

  • Prince Harry branded 'out of touch' after remarks about 'protecting' the Queen

He compares the current row to the “annus horribilis’ of 1992, when the royal family was rocked by multiple scandals including the collapse of Prince Andrew’s marriage to Sarah Ferguson, Princess Anne’s divorcee from Captain Mark Phillips, and the revelation of the notorious “squidgygate” conversation between Diana, Princess of Wales and herfriend, James Gilbey

Those events, along with the devastating fire at Windsor Castle, blighted celebrations of her Majesty’s Ruby Jubilee year.

“I think it’s tragic for her,” he said. “The last thing she wants are these ongoing, bitter rows with her own grandchildren and the family.

“They had so much trouble in the 1990s which they had hoped they had put behind them, but this is somehow even worse and it must be enormously difficult for her and quite despairing…”

Katie Nicholl, Vanity Fair’s Royal Editor, believes that the couple will end up making the trip to the UK.

“I think if they are sensible, which is a big if” she told GB News, “I think they will come over."

But Lady Colin Campbell predicted that the Duke and Duchess would receive a rough reception from the public if they were to turn up: “I think there is a very good chance that they will be booed,” she said.

“And let’s remember we are not celebrating grannie’s 96th birthday at the Jubilee, we are celebrating the Queen’s accession to the throne so it is not a family matter it is really in fact a state occasion."

Source: Read Full Article